Simon Gregson took on Im A Celeb as he couldnt put up with familys demands any longer

I'm A Celeb: Adam Woodyatt and Simon Gregson introduced

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Simon Gregson, best known for playing Steve McDonald in Coronation Street, was unveiled as the latest star to enter the I’m A Celebrity castle at the end of Wednesday’s episode. His entrance, alongside fellow soap star Adam Woodyatt, will see the late entries become Lords of the Manor and take on this evening’s grisly Bushtucker Trial.

Ahead of their arrival in Gwrych Castle, Simon admitted he has previously been asked many times to take part in I’m A Celeb.

After turning down the show several times, he finally agreed because he “couldn’t put up with” constant pestering from his wife Emma and sons Alfie, Harry and Henry.

Speaking to The Mirror, Simon said: “The kids every year have said, ‘Do the show, do the show’ and I just couldn’t put up with that chant any more.

“So I went, ‘Right, I’ll do the show!’

He added in his I’m A Celeb introduction tape that his children had also given him a stern warning before his tenure in the castle.

He proclaimed: “I have got no choice but to go for it because the kids have absolutely sat me down as if they are the Dads and said, ‘don’t let me down, do it!’.”

Simon says he was also persuaded to join this year’s I’m A Celeb after discovering it would take place in Wales – because everything in Australia “is designed to kill you”.

He added to the publication: “When I heard it was in Wales I was like, ‘Oh! That might be a bit better.’ Because who wants to sit on a plane for five days?

“I think Wales is a bit tamer- well, famous last words.”

The Corrie actor also said his fellow co-stars who had previously taken part in I’m A Celeb were on hand to give him advice about what he should expect.

He continued: “They said it is a bit of a hard [thing] to do because, of course, the food isn’t great. Rice and beans all the time.

“But, for me, it is a bonus because I desperately need to lose weight so I am kind of looking at it as the worst bootcamp in the world!”

Fans caught their first glimpse of Simon at the end of last night’s show.

DON’T MISS
Julia Bradbury supported by friends after she shares update[LATEST]
Brian May slams BRIT Awards over gender neutral plans[NEWS]
Ageless Jenny Agutter, 68, stuns in new shoot[INSIGHT]

He joked: “It will be nice to show people that there is absolutely no difference between me and Steve McDonald. People will think they are watching Corrie!”

Simon then admitted that he was frightened about what he might have to face during his time on the show, particularly the eating trials, because of his self-proclaimed “delicate bowels”.

He said: “When I think of the trials, my immediate thought goes to, is there a bucket? Where is the nearest loo?

“Anything could happen to my very delicate bowels.

“What are they going to give me to eat? At night time it’s like, ‘night night, don’t let the bedbugs bite’, it’s more like don’t let tomorrow’s dinner bite!”

However, he added that if things do get a bit much for him, he has an escape route already in place.

He said: “It is great that it’s in Wales, I’ve got a caravan in Anglesey, so I’ll just be like, ‘I’ll climb over that wall, I’m done.”

You can watch Simon’s entrance into the I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! castle tonight at 9pm on ITV.

Source: Read Full Article