Wendy’s is coming back to the UK decades after closing its doors.
So where will Brits be able to get hold of popular square burgers again?
Wendy’s has confirmed it will be opening five restaurants in the coming months.
And its first new outlet is being set-up in Reading, where it will open to the public next month.
A further two restaurants will follow this initial launch – and we’ve already been given a sneak peek at the fast food giant’s menu too.
Here’s everything you need to know about Wendy’s reopening – from where to find restaurants to what you can order.
Full list of Wendy’s opening in the UK
Wendy's bosses first revealed the firm was returning to the UK in late 2019 – when it told investors it would open its first outlets within 12 to 18 months.
The American fast food chain has big plans for its comeback but has so far only confirmed restaurant locations in the following places:
- Reading (opening June 2)
- Stratford (opening in the second half of 2021)
- Oxford (opening in the second half of 2021)
Wendy's told The Mirror it plans on opening five restaurants this year but it couldn't say where the next branches will be.
Steven Derwoed, Vice President, Global Design and Construction for Wendy’s, said: “We’re very proud of our restaurant design in Reading, and I’m confident that we’ve built a place that our customers will love to go and our employees will love to work.
“The interior has a cool vibe with a focus on natural wood, dark contrasts, comfortable seating and fun art making it feel fresh and current.
“Creating a frictionless and convenient experience for our customers is at the heart of our design, whether a customer places their order via mobile before they set foot in the restaurant, at a kiosk once they arrive or at a traditional front counter with one of our friendly team members.
“We’ve even incorporated an exterior walk-up window to create speedy access for delivery providers so customers can get their Wendy’s food even faster. We look forward to serving customers soon!”
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
What will be on the Wendy’s UK menu?
While the full menu hasn’t been released yet, Wendy’s has shared a sneak peek at some of the items you will be able to order soon.
- Dave's Single: A quarter-pound of fresh beef, American cheese, crisp lettuce, tomato, pickle, ketchup, mayo, and onion on a toasted bun.
- Chocolate Frosty: A milkshake that Wendy's says is “thick enough to use a spoon” but also “smooth enough to use a straw”.
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich: Chicken marinated and breaded in peppers and spices, topped with crisp lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
- Avocado Chicken Salad: Made with a blend of lettuce, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, cool, creamy avocado, Applewood smoked bacon, and grilled chicken breast. Topped with Southwest Ranch Dressing.
Source: Read Full Article