KIDS are inquisitive and are always looking for a new adventure.
Little Eddie and Daisy were no different and the siblings enjoyed playing together in their family home.
But one afternoon, when mum Bianca's back was turned, their inquisitive nature left the family distraught.
Now Bianca is telling her story in a bid to warn other parents of the dangers of electrical appliances, after little Daisy was left with burns all over her feet.
Bianca said she had been folding up clothes while three-year-old Eddie and one-year-old Daisy were playing in the garage.
Speaking to CPR Kids, she said the family had some toys in the garage they could play with.
Read more on children’s burns
My holiday was wrecked after my kids got burnt – despite wearing factor 50
My daughter, 1, suffered HUGE blisters when burnt by ‘UK’s most dangerous plant’
In the garage, there was also a treadmill which they had unplugged so it couldn't be turned on.
But as Bianca folded the clothes, little Eddie managed to plug in and turn on the piece of equipment.
She explained: "My one-year-old had sat down and put her feet in the end of the treadmill.
“I assume she didn’t mean to get so close and was watching big brother as always.
Most read in Health
My dad brushes my hair because I'm now too weak, reveals Dame Deborah James
My dad is unsung hero – he's always been there to prop me up, says Deborah James
I'm a podiatrist and this is what you need to eat for summer-ready feet
I'm a nutrition expert – here's 9 foods that are healthier if you COOK them
"Sadly the treadmill started running as soon as it was plugged back in, her feet were pulled into the treadmill and they became jammed between the base and conveyor belt.”
“I heard the scream no parent likes hearing, which automatically told me something serious was wrong and she was scared or in pain. I ran over and managed to free her feet with some force.”
Bianca then had to calm her little girl down whilst also attending to the injuries the friction from the belt of the treadmill had caused.
While she was panicking, Bianca reassured her little one and called her sister-in-law who is a nurse as she said she was unsure how to treat a friction burn.
After the call, Bianca rushed Daisy to her GP as the surgery was closer to the hospital.
Initially, Bianca said Daisy's injury didn't look too bad, but once the air got to it, it worsened.
Things can turn bad quickly
Nurses were able to help the family, and Bianca has shared her story as she says she knows the situation could have been a lot worse.
She said: "Please have treadmills stored away as even with supervision, things can turn bad, quickly."
Luckily, Daisy's burns are healing and she will have to have treatment for the next few months.
“She sees her siblings having a bath and is so desperate to get in but that will have to wait.
"She was lucky it wasn’t so much worse," Bianca added.
It's important to note that the treatment for a friction burn is the same as other burns caused by heat or fire.
You should run the affected area under cool water for 20 minutes and seek medical attention.
Do not apply ice, oils or creams to the burn as they can make it worse.
Official NHS guidance states that depending on the severity of the burn, you might be able to treat it at home.
"For minor burns, keep the burn clean and do not burst any blisters that form," medics state.
Read More on The Sun
You’ve been using gift bags all wrong – my easy way will keep presents hidden
I’ve got big boobs and was shaken by the gorgeous £9.50 bras in Asda
For chemical burns, electrical burns, deep burns and burns that cause charred skin you should always go to A&E.
If you're unsure you can always call 111.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?
Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours
Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.
Source: Read Full Article