Meanwhile, Canadian heartthrob Justin Bieber, who led the pack of nominees with seven nominations, wins two nods that include Artist of the Year as well as Best Pop.
AceShowbiz -The full winner list for the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards was revealed during the live ceremony that took place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Sunday, September 12. Coming out as the biggest winners of the night were Lil Nas X, Olivia Rodrigo and BTS (Bangtan Boys) who brought home three Moon Persons each.
The 22-year-old MC took home the night’s biggest award, Video of the Year, for “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”. He also snatched the Best Direction and Best Visual Effects for the hit single.
As for Olivia Rodrigo, she nabbed Song of the Year and Push Performance of the Year for her hit “Driver’s License”. In addition, the “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series” star won Best New Artist.
BTS, meanwhile, won Group of the Year, Best K-Pop as well as Song of Summer. Trailing behind the three stars was Justin Bieber who won Artist of the Year and Best Pop for his song “Peaches” featuring Daniel Caesar and Giveon.
Doja Cat, who hosted and performed at the star-studded event, also took home two trophies, including Best Collaboration for her “Kiss Me More” featuring SZA and Best Art Direction for “Best Friend” featuring Saweetie.
Other musicians who ended up with two trophies at this year’s MTV VMAs were Billie Eilish and Bruno Mars. Billie nabbed Best Latin for her collaboration with ROSALIA “Lo Vas A Olvidar”, and Video for Good for “Your Power”. Bruno, on the other hand, won Best R&B and Best Editing for “Leave the Door Open” featuring Anderson .Paak and Silk Sonic.
Other winners at the event included John Mayer, Machine Gun Kelly and Travis Scott (II).
Full winners of the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards:
- Video of the Year: Lil Nas X, “MONTERO (Call Me by Your Name)”
- Artist of the Year: Justin Bieber
- Song of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo, “Drivers License”
- Best New Artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Push Performance of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo, “Drivers License”
- Best Collaboration: Doja Cat ft. SZA, “Kiss Me More”
- Best Pop: Justin Bieber ft. Daniel Caesar and Giveon: “Peaches”
- Best Hip-Hop: Travis Scott (II) ft. Young Thug and M.I.A., “Franchise”
- Best R&B: Bruno Mars ft. Anderson .Paak and Silk Sonic, “Leave the Door Open”
- Best K-Pop: BTS (Bangtan Boys), “Butter”
- Best Latin: Billie Eilish ft. ROSALIA, “Lo Vas A Olvidar”
- Best Rock: John Mayer, “Last Train Home”
- Best Alternative: Machine Gun Kelly ft. Blackbear, “My Ex’s Best Friend”
- Video for Good: Billie Eilish, “Your Power”
- Group of the Year: BTS (Bangtan Boys)
- Song of Summer: “BTS (Bangtan Boys), “Butter”
- Best Direction: Lil Nas X, “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”
- Best Art Direction: Doja Cat ft. Saweetie, “Best Friend”
- Best Choreography: Harry Styles, “Treat People with Kindness”
- Best Cinematography: Beyonce Knowles, Blue Ivy, SAINt JHN, Wizkid, “Brown Skin Girl”
- Best Editing: Bruno Mars ft. Anderson .Paak and Silk Sonic: “Leave the Door Open”
- Best Visual Effects: Lil Nas X, “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”
- Global Icon Award: Foo Fighters
Source: Read Full Article