STRICTLY Come Dancing is back with 15 celebrities all hoping to scoop that famous Glitterball Trophy.
The dances for week one have been revealed with the star contestants all hoping to impress judges.
What are the dances?
- AJ Odudu and Kai Widdrington – Jive to Gold Dust by DJ Fresh
- Katie McGlynn and Gorka Marquez – Tango to Black Hole by Griff
- Adam Peaty and Katya Jones – Cha Cha to Beggin’ by Måneskin
- John Whaite and Johannes Radebe – Tango to Blue Monday by New Order
- Sara Davies and Alijaz Skorjanec – Cha Cha to The Boss by Diana Ross
- Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice – Jive to Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
- Ugo Monye and Oti Mabuse – Samba to Iko Iko (My Bestie) by Justin Wellington ft Small Jam
- Greg Wise and Karen Hauer – American Smooth to That's Life by Frank Sinatra
- Robert Webb and Dianne Buswell – Cha Cha to Rasputin by Boney M
- Tom Fletcher and Amy Dowden – Cha Cha to September Earth, Wind & Fire
- Rhys Stephenson and Nancy Xu – Viennese Waltz to End Of The Road by Boys II Men
- Tilly Ramsay and Nikita Kuzmin – Waltz to Consequences by Camila Cabello
- Nina Wadia and Neil Jones – Samba to Mi Gente by J Balvin, Willy William ft Beyoncé
- Judi Love and Graziano Di Prima – American Smooth to Chain Of Fools by Aretha Franklin
- Dan Walker and Nadiya Bychkova – Quickstep to Everybody Needs Somebody To Love by the Blues Brothers
💃Follow our Strictly Come Dancing live blog for all the latest updates
What is the theme for Strictly this week?
There is no theme for this week as it is the first live show.
But themes to look forward too include Musical Week, Halloween Week, and Movie Week
The celebrities are also given a free pass this week, and no one will be sent home.
Instead the first eviction will take place in week two.
Who performs the songs on Strictly Come Dancing?
Strictly Come Dancing is not just loved by audiences for the brilliant dancing, but also for the great live music.
Musical director and arranger Dave Arch is the man in charge of the band.
David is a British pianist, conductor, arranger and composer who has enjoyed a prolific career covering a broad spectrum of the music business including albums, films, and commercials, live and television work.
He is also the Musical Director for productions of the Royal Variety Performance show on ITV as well as shows like Popstar To Operastar.
When is Strictly Come Dancing on TV and how can I watch it?
Strictly's live shows kick off on Saturday, September 25, 2021, at 7pm on BBC One.
After the first week, episodes will continue on both Saturdays and Sundays – with the results being read out on the second show.
If you miss any of the action, you can catch up on the BBC iPlayer.
Source: Read Full Article